Monday, November 28, 2011

The Reward

"The Reward" by Jonathan David Helser

"In a garden we fell, but in a garden he prayed,
'Not my will but yours be done'
My sins he became so I could be like him
To go beyond the veil and see his face

The cross has made a way so we can enter in
To go back to the garden once again
The cross has made a way, forever I will say
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain

Worthy, worthy
Worthy is Lamb that was slain
To receive the reward of his suffering
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain

Receive the reward, oh Lamb of God"

This song describes the season God has me in right now; learning grace. What His grace is in different circumstances in life. Whether that is repenting from false idols or making a mistake with outreach details, His grace covers over a multitude of sins. IT IS FINISHED. The veil was torn. We are no longer separated. Grace is a free gift from God. Freely he gave it all for us, So freely I will give back to Him.

I pray to live a life that Jesus says, "YES! IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH DYING ON THE CROSS!!!" Through my life, I pray he receives the reward of his suffering. HE IS WORTHY. I have nothing to offer, but Him. Those who want to find their life will lose it; those who lose their lives will find it. HE IS WORTHY. When I fully laid down my life to follow Jesus Christ, each day is greater and greater! Thank you, oh Lord, that your grace abounds in me.

P.S. I highly recommend purchasing Jonathan David Helser's albums. They are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment